The North Berwick Historical Society was established on April 30, 1958 by local residents under the leadership of Philip Hussey (on left) and Gordon Hilton (on right). This visionary group realized that the interesting history of North Berwick was worth preserving and enjoying.
Since its founding, the society has acquired and preserved three of our town’s significant historic structures; the Oakwoods Meeting House, the Morrell-Sherburne House, and the Museum of Businesses. In addition to these important sites, the society has acquired a parcel of land on Old County Road named the Parish of Unity Park, in commemoration of our earliest Scottish settlers brought here by the ship Unity. The Morrell-Sherburne House was relocated to the park in 1991.